Monday, September 8, 2008

Ten: My Unapologetic Explanation For Not Writing.

Hello long lost readers (that is, if you're still out there). I'm not sorry for not writing. I've been on somewhat of an unspoken Internet strike...both by choice and out of obligation (maybe "obligation" isn't the right word, but I'm not taking the time to figure out another one). While I am back in Florence right now, I had been alternating locations since my "Ode to Greece" post before arriving here. I suppose I don't have much time to explain every fun and exciting thing that has gone on in my life since mid-July because that would take a lot of memory scrounging on my part and a lot of reading on your part. So I'll save us both the trouble and come up with a list of my favorite things over the past month and a half. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that list will not show up in this post. I haven't come up with it yet, and I don't have the time or the desire to create it now in the Internet Train because it wouldn't be funny or entertaining. It would be more like a grocery list--very matter-of-fact and humorless...and no one wants that. So this post is being written for two specific reasons: the first being to not apologize to you and the second being to tell you that I'm not going to write about Italy (the initial purpose of this blog) until next time. Now, wasn't this productive? Okay, get back to your jobs and studies, or whatever other forms of procrastination you choose to fill up your days with because I'm fairly certain this form just took up more of your time than you would have cared to share. Not sorry for that either. Look forward to the next post because it might be the last. I'm a horrible blogger, I know it. I will say this though...I never realized what a blessing it is not to be able to access the Internet 24/7. Of course, there was a detox period before the addiction began to deplete. But once it did I remembered a time when my computer use was limited to Oregon Trail, typing exercises (with the keyboard blacked out so we couldn't see the letters), and then later the dial-up AOL connection (with the excruciating connection noise) so I could IM my friends who I had just seen 30 minutes before at school. Enough nostalgia. My point is that I've become less dependent on the Internet. Okay, I'm off to watch "Get Smart" (in English) with my friend, Susan. We didn't choose to see the movie. It chose us. It's the nightly English movie. But I like Steve Carrell so it can't be that bad, can it? I'll tell you next time. Ciao ciao.


Peace. Love. KAB1470.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ugh. i cant wait for you to get home. only 7 days and about 17ish hours and counting. call you tomorrow. and on a side note, i had to type in "zymjjjb" for my word verification. really. i mean couldn't they just write dog or something.